Wednesday 13 February 2013

From the Ridiculous to the Sublime (and beyond)

Yesterday and today were WD days, so I was in the craft shop and its empire (the stone store, labelling slabs of limestone; very suitable for the current project). Imagine being greeted by this at 8 am:-




Three feet high at the nose. I have offered to adopt it until next Christmas. This pic is for my bestest friend, who knows how I love robins.
I went to my loom and sat weaving throughout the Ash Wednesday service. The Old Testament reading was Isaiah 58:1-12 and made me think that I must look backwards from my chosen verse (12) to some of the other imagery. The choir sang Allegri's Miserere, a setting of Psalm 51. Achingly beautiful. I have never heard it sung live, only on recordings, and it is so much better.
And here is my background reading:-




I heard George Pattison speak last year, but have only just got the book; he recommended the other one, so I ordered it on inter library loan and started reading it last night. I shall let you know.....

Location:West Dean, Cathedral and Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Locations of visitors to this page