Friday 24 May 2013

Back to Work






The beginning of the spire 'ribs' and gimmel.

This is by Yehuda Amichai

'there I saw hope barbed as barbed wire.
And I said to myself: that's true, hope needs to be
like barbed wire to keep out despair,
hope must be a minefield'
From Israeli Travel: Otherness Is All, Otherness Is Love
Planning another studio day tomorrow, and maybe Sunday afternoon too, depending on the weather. I am going on a Creative Development Course led by Philip Sanderson and Michael Brennand-Wood next week, so need to make up for absence from the loom!!

Location:The Dungeon

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing such a lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was only introduced to Amichai's work very recently, and it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

 
Locations of visitors to this page